simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Holy Moley

So I'm a bad wife. I totally force my husband to do things that he would rather not. Say, for example, our trip to the dermatologist today. I have this weird thing on my lip- nothing major but it's a weird red bump and since Ryan keeps asking me "what happened?" I figured I'd get it checked out. And being the tender-loving wife I am, decided to make my moley hubbie an appt too :)

Turns out, my one mole is fine. And the thing on my lip? Some broken blood vessel and if I want it removed I'll have to see a plastic surgeon. Yeah, right. That thing can take up residence on my lip so long as it's not filled with cancer.

JD, on the other hand, is very moley. Like holy-moley-moley. So he got a good working over by the dermi. The office staff cracked up at us because they gave me a little handout with suspicious looking moles and I turned to JD and said, "You have every single one of these!" And while he pacified me in the 'hot seat', I looked over the doc's shoulder and inspected every last one with him.

"This one has me worried...how about this one....it's pretty dark and asymmetrical....the diameter of this one has changed..."

Turns out all the ones I was worried about were okay. But there was a tiny dark one that he had yarded out (those are his words, not mine). I feel better. :)

So this, my friends, is your friendly reminder that if you have a mole...get it checked. It sure wouldn't hurt. And you know what? Residents in Oregon have 22% more malignant moles than any other state. Weird.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Holy guaca"moley" batman!! ha ha JD will probably want to make his next dermi appointment solo. :)

Maeg said...

I am glad you are alright!