simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Make Over Monday

So I've been working on a make over. I'm trying to be less impulsive and more prepared. Trust me, it's a loooong story. Another day, perhaps. Anyway, like with any internal make over, I'm getting impatient. I mean, why can't it just HAPPEN? Why can't I take a 'before' picture and then BE less impulsive in the 'after'? Ugh. So while I'm still working on the inside, I decided to tackle some projects around the house that I really CAN take 'befores' and 'afters' of :

Here is our downstairs closet. It's a mess. It houses everything in our house that we can't find a real home for. Do you have somewhere like this? If you do, then you know that once you start a project like this, you HAVE to finish it. A closet like this can easily invade your entire home. The challenge of this closet is its shape. It's located under our stairs, so the ceiling is slanted (which equates to a limited amount of stacking space). Okay, enough already. A picture is worth 1,000 words, right?

So here's the 'before':
if you look to the right, you get to see this spectacular MESS:
Okay, so here's the 'after': This is the same view as the picture above but I wanted to pull out the dresser drawer to display my marvelous 'wrapping paper goods' storage idea. Who knew that an old dresser would provide some much junk-holding?
And here's the 'after' of the frontal view: not bad, right?
So by now I was on a roll...and since both kids had swim lessons on this particular Monday, they took nice, loooong afternoon naps. Here is our, well, hmmm, what should I call it? When we first moved in, it was supposed to be JD's hunting room. He started painting murals on the walls and then we had kids...and I started selling Mary Kay. So now, it's a half-painted hunting/Mary Kay/office/exercise room. Hahahhaha. PLEASE tell me I'm not alone in having one of 'these' rooms...
Okay, so the 'before':
and 'after':By this time, I didn't have much time left before the boys started to rouse, so I decided to tackle some easier projects, like my 'office'/kitchen...note the Tropicana Semi truck parked in the paper intake of my printer. A boy needs a garage, you know?

Before: After:

And my last project, I had to save for JD. He installed a new bathroom mirror.
Before: After:

All it all, it was a pretty make-over-alicious Monday in the Mac Mansion! HAHAHAHA

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Your closet looks great and I love the new mirror! :) My hall closet totally needs organizing and you have given me the motivation to do it.....maybe tomorrow. Ha ha!