simplicity in your life...serenity in your heart...may beauty and joy surround you today.

Friday, July 11, 2008

R*Y*A*N

"In all my years of teaching, I've never met a boy as "boy" as Ryan..." Miss Tammy (his preschool teacher) "He loves his trucks...and dinosaurs...and guns. He tells us all the time how he's going to get bigger like his dad and buy a gun so he can shoot a bear".

Ahem. Not exactly what a mom (a teacher/mom at that) wants to hear, you know? And how in the world should I respond? This is what I said: "neat". And if you know me well, then you know that the simple word 'neat' is dripping with sarcasm. So I've made it my mission to try TRIPLE hard to get Ryan to ... conform to 'normal' ... and at least learn his duuuurn letters! So for the past four days, we've sat at the table and learned some letters. One letter at a time...



So here's what I've learned:
* I suck for wanting to conform my own child.
* Ryan is creative and funny beyond words.
* He learned each letter in about 2 minutes and just because he'd 'rather not' certainly doesn't mean that he can't.

So there you have it. Another lesson learned (and some letters too). :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Yaayyy Ryan! Your son is adorable AND smart....wow, the ladies will be falling hard (eventually), but for now MOMMY is his #1 gal and I am positive that Ryan would never think "you suck" at anything. ;)