How do you feel about that?
Sometimes I wonder why I blog - this blog 'thing' has replaced my scrapbooking for now because I still want to preserve memories of my family...and it's replaced my journaling (not that I was ever very consistent with it)...it's become my 'study' as well as my place to vent and work through stuff. And I've realized recently, that this blog 'thing' has also become my 'adult time' so I guess that makes you my adult.
I picture 'us' sitting down and having coffee...or chatting on the back porch...but the truth is after these very busy days of mine, it's near midnight sometimes when we can sit down together. And so it is what it is- it is why I blog. Because I long for friendship and don't know where, when, or how to fit it in. How sad is that? This, as is any phase in life, is a season. It's the season to be busy because one day very soon, my house will be empty. One day, my kids won't need me to wash their hair and clip their fingernails. They won't be interested in story time, let alone want to sit on my lap and snuggle- and so, while I can, I am soaking up every minute of 'busy' so that it will last me my whole life.
and when my busies are off to bed, it's time for 'adultness' and I am so very grateful that you've made blogging so fun for me.
6 comments:
:) smiling right now ... because I just want to say DITTO! :)
Love that I have developed a treasured friendship with you through this ... and pray that God continues to strengthen it!
Someday soon, I am going to join you for some real adult time ... let's plan it! OK?!
Have a GREAT rest of your week!
and thank you for blogging... for being real ... for letting us readers into your beautiful world ... for being a friend!
I LOVE this post...you wrote it perfectly! And, I think we should all do that one day...find a time to just sit down on the back porch with a nice glass of something to drink and talk away! I'm so blessed that you count me as a friend! And, I look forward to growing that friendship (even if it is only in the blog world :D) You are an AMAZING sister in Christ!!! Hope you get some "Adult" time this evening! Sweet blessings!
P.S. I LOVE Ryan's ME-Board...you did a great job on it!!!
I'm visiting from Lindsay and wanted to tell you I love this post!
Blogging has replaced scrapbooking for me right now too...it's also replaced printing off pictures from the memory card too ;)
Great post...I can so relate!
Hi. I am visiting from Lindsay also. And you are so very right!! I have days where I get quite frustrated that there is not adult time, no me time, but at the same time, I will so miss this busyness when my children don't need me. It definitely makes blogging more meaningful and fun. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Hi I'm visiting from Lindsey blog as well.... thanks for the wonderful words you wrote... I can so relate... I love this 'busy season' I am in, and I will miss it when my kids are no longer needing my "utmost" attention. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment